DoggyTales : Malaysia Dog Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When do we start to deworm ur furkids and wat kinda brand to use

+3
sinv
yenlu
jooniez
7 posters

Go down

When do we start to deworm ur furkids and wat kinda brand to use Empty When do we start to deworm ur furkids and wat kinda brand to use

Post by jooniez Sun 17 Aug 2008, 4:46 pm

Help me out in Deworming thingy
jooniez
jooniez
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

Female
Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

When do we start to deworm ur furkids and wat kinda brand to use Empty Re: When do we start to deworm ur furkids and wat kinda brand to use

Post by jooniez Sun 17 Aug 2008, 4:47 pm

Anyone can tell me how is the deworming thingy goes around ?..i know 1st 3 jabs will come together with deworming as well...after tat ?..when can i start to give the heartworm pill ? Kinda noob bout deworming here..heheheh...thankz 1st
jooniez
jooniez
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

Female

Back to top Go down

When do we start to deworm ur furkids and wat kinda brand to use Empty Re: When do we start to deworm ur furkids and wat kinda brand to use

Post by yenlu Sun 17 Aug 2008, 5:01 pm

heartworm need to start before 6 months of age, if after 6 months liao, advice to do heartworm check before feeding.. because heartworm thingy is PREVENTION not CURE..

about deworming, for me I feed 3 months once. but VV said, her heartgard got deworming so she dun feed deworming pill.

Why don't you ask your vet?
yenlu
yenlu
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 3411
Registration date : 2008-02-01

https://doggytales.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sinv Sun 17 Aug 2008, 5:13 pm

ya. have u ask ur vet?
sinv
sinv
Post Queen
Post Queen

Female
Number of posts : 3910
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr3aMCuT|3 Sun 17 Aug 2008, 5:51 pm

hmm....for heartworm pill, the article i read before is said that before 5 months have to start to give as normally if heartworm really exist in puppy's body already thn 5 months is long enough for them to attack puppy.
Dr3aMCuT|3
Dr3aMCuT|3
A Maniac
A Maniac

Female
Number of posts : 1976
Registration date : 2008-02-18

http://picasaweb.google.com/agnesw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sinv Sun 17 Aug 2008, 6:56 pm

wat u mean agnes. dun understand.
sinv
sinv
Post Queen
Post Queen

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by yenlu Sun 17 Aug 2008, 8:46 pm

heartworm attack very slow. It comes from mosquito bite, once the mosquito bite, it will not straightly become heartworm, and it will go through a cycle of infection that takes about 5-6 months to effect the dog. That is why it is recommended to feed heartworm prevention before 5-6 months old. If after that, it is advise to do a heartworm test to make sure your dog did not kena heartworm attack.

I started my heartworm pervention when they had their 3rd jab.
yenlu
yenlu
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterAlvin Mon 18 Aug 2008, 2:26 am

i started Seven's heartworm protection when she turned 4 months old.
MasterAlvin
MasterAlvin
A Maniac
A Maniac

Male
Number of posts : 1418
Registration date : 2008-05-07

http://anotheralvin.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eLsie Mon 18 Aug 2008, 2:34 am

same goes to cooper...
eLsie
eLsie
A Maniac
A Maniac

Female
Number of posts : 3075
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr3aMCuT|3 Mon 18 Aug 2008, 10:50 am

thanks for lulu explanation....i dunno how to explain it...tat's wat i trying to said....i bought the heartworm pill from vet whn i bring boyboy for 3rd jab lor...i thk should be around 4 months...
Dr3aMCuT|3
Dr3aMCuT|3
A Maniac
A Maniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jooniez Mon 18 Aug 2008, 11:35 am

at 1st i thought 3rd jab tat time jau sekali take heartworm prevention pills ker mar....mana tau the vet didnt say anything...so i ask him lo..when to start the heartworm prevention...he say....ermmm.....nex month la...nex month means Gucci is 4 months plus d...tat's y curious lo...
jooniez
jooniez
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sinv Mon 18 Aug 2008, 11:54 am

oh..i feed Amos heartgard since he finish his 3rd jab.
sinv
sinv
Post Queen
Post Queen

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jooniez Mon 18 Aug 2008, 1:55 pm

jau hai lo !!!!!!!!...tat's y i oso curious y the vet didnt recommend me to buy the heartgard for gucci ma....the heartgard can buy ourself n terus let them eat ?..nonit consult vet 1st ?
jooniez
jooniez
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sinv Mon 18 Aug 2008, 2:42 pm

U can call up ur vet to ask gua.
sinv
sinv
Post Queen
Post Queen

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr3aMCuT|3 Mon 18 Aug 2008, 3:47 pm

ya...u can get it from pet shop...but even next month take also ok...coz Gucci only 4 months by next month...
Dr3aMCuT|3
Dr3aMCuT|3
A Maniac
A Maniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jooniez Mon 18 Aug 2008, 3:55 pm

ooo..like tat nex month oni i give la...probably will bring directly to vet n let the vet consult...better i think...hehehe..thankz guys
jooniez
jooniez
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr3aMCuT|3 Mon 18 Aug 2008, 4:31 pm

good...vet can give u advise...
Dr3aMCuT|3
Dr3aMCuT|3
A Maniac
A Maniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by yenlu Mon 18 Aug 2008, 8:24 pm

Joonie, which vet did you go??

My dogs, all 3 first jab feed deworming pill.. after 3rd jab the nxt day straight giv heartworm prevention liao.

Earlier giv is better then later, 4 months is ideal time liao, dont wait till 5 months.. cause the larvae will mature in 5 months. Consider if the mosquito bite the pup during it first few days, the 5th month is very dangerous lor.. that is why after 5-6 months, vet recommend do heartworm test first.
yenlu
yenlu
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by yenlu Wed 20 Aug 2008, 8:06 pm

Where and how much did you buy your HeartGard?
yenlu
yenlu
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sinv Wed 20 Aug 2008, 9:33 pm

RM58 for 6 mths.
sinv
sinv
Post Queen
Post Queen

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jooniez Thu 21 Aug 2008, 10:53 am

i went to the one along jalan klang lama...animal polyclinic...
jooniez
jooniez
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by angelgurl_nee Fri 19 Sep 2008, 1:42 am

the usual price is RM58 la...
but last time i saw HOG sell RM55
dunno now though
angelgurl_nee
angelgurl_nee
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down