DoggyTales : Malaysia Dog Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which brand of dog dry food do you feed your furkids??

+15
sh3ryl86
MasterAlvin
eLsie
angelgurl_nee
dog is my buddy
feathersakura
john_lee
sinv
jason
annie
aLaN
Dr3aMCuT|3
nicteh
yenlu
pinkykee
19 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

which brand of dog dry food do you feed your furkids?? Empty which brand of dog dry food do you feed your furkids??

Post by pinkykee Wed 13 Feb 2008, 7:53 pm

i am just trying to get more information about dog food...do give me some opinion here..
pinkykee
pinkykee
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Female
Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

which brand of dog dry food do you feed your furkids?? Empty Re: which brand of dog dry food do you feed your furkids??

Post by yenlu Thu 14 Feb 2008, 1:10 am

Food that I have fed my girls:

Science Plan (from breeder)
Canidae (normal)
Nutri Source
Evangers
Canidae (Lamb n Rice) <-- current

Sample tried:
Black Wood
Natural Balance
Acana

Was feeding Canidae but maybe the taste was too dull, Miki don't like to eat then we switch to other brands... and we don't quite like the others so switch back to Canidae, and now Canidae lamb n rice, hoping the taste will be better. So far so good.
yenlu
yenlu
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 3411
Registration date : 2008-02-01

https://doggytales.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

which brand of dog dry food do you feed your furkids?? Empty Re: which brand of dog dry food do you feed your furkids??

Post by pinkykee Thu 14 Feb 2008, 10:07 pm

is there any brand that is good for skin and smells nice as well??
pinkykee
pinkykee
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by yenlu Fri 15 Feb 2008, 3:03 am

Food with Lamb & Rice, Salmon & Potato are a few that is good for skin. About the taste.... I have no comment haha..
yenlu
yenlu
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by nicteh Fri 15 Feb 2008, 2:43 pm

Previously i feed lucas Eukanuba small breed formula, i noticed his coat improved, more shine. When i take him back from pet shop, the fella said they also feed eukanuba, but i doubt why after i feed almost 1month Eukanuba, his coat getting shine n shine. So, i dont think they really feed Eukanuba.

Now im feeding Eukanuba Lamb & Rice for medium breed,coz they dont have small breed kibbles. still in monitoring stage. So far lucas like it,althought the size bigger than previous,wakka....

p/s: This topic is interesting, thanks pinky for starting this,cheers
nicteh
nicteh
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Male
Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkykee Fri 15 Feb 2008, 8:38 pm

previously i came across with this website,it analyse each dog food and rated them...orijen come out with six-star rated dog food,which is the highest rating,you guys can have a look at it..
www.dogfoodanalysis.com

this website is kinda ok as well...
http://thedogsforum.blogspot.com/2007/08/dog-diet-how-to-grade-your-dogs-food.html
pinkykee
pinkykee
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkykee Fri 15 Feb 2008, 8:47 pm

there are too many choices and different ppl have different opinion on different brand...thus i would like to ask for your opinion and make a conclusion on buying which one for my furkids..they almost finish their dog food already..
pinkykee
pinkykee
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by yenlu Fri 15 Feb 2008, 11:45 pm

There is no one particular food that suits all dogs. Every dogs has difference needs and has different sensitivity against some ingredients of the food. What food are you currently feeding your dogs? Why are you thinking for a change?
yenlu
yenlu
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkykee Sat 16 Feb 2008, 12:38 pm

i am feeding blackwood 2000,at first adore it very much but gradually no more...don't feel like eating it anymore...thats y im thinking of changing the dog food..
pinkykee
pinkykee
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by yenlu Sat 16 Feb 2008, 1:33 pm

pinkykee wrote:i am feeding blackwood 2000,at first adore it very much but gradually no more...don't feel like eating it anymore...thats y im thinking of changing the dog food..
Changing for both of them? Two also don't like the blackwood anymore? Is it because you are feeding treats? Razz I have heard good feedback about Blackwood, and they are sticking to Blackwood.

Mikey is one of the Blackwood puppy. Jenny tried changing Mikey's food into Acana and found rashes, so at the end she feed back Blackwood for Mikey haha...
yenlu
yenlu
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkykee Sat 16 Feb 2008, 8:22 pm

no treats for them at all,shih tzu is not that picky but bobo very picky...he doesn't like snacks one...thus i never buy snacks for him..pinky only eat greenies.apart from greenies,no more snacks that will attract her...i also don't know y they don't like blackwood anymore,maybe sien already..
pinkykee
pinkykee
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr3aMCuT|3 Mon 18 Feb 2008, 6:12 pm

I am feeding my boyboy Blackwood puppy...So far so good...His fur is shine and soft...But recently his poo quite smelly ler... silent
Dr3aMCuT|3
Dr3aMCuT|3
A Maniac
A Maniac

Female
Number of posts : 1976
Registration date : 2008-02-18

http://picasaweb.google.com/agnesw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkykee Mon 18 Feb 2008, 9:29 pm

so far blackwood is ok,but they don't like anymore,no choice,have to buy a new one,of nt they will starve to death
pinkykee
pinkykee
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by nicteh Tue 19 Feb 2008, 8:33 am

On and off, lucas will eat his poo,may i know why? because i change his kibbles? digestion system? hmmm...
Any problem if he eat poo? will cause illness for him?
nicteh
nicteh
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr3aMCuT|3 Tue 19 Feb 2008, 11:23 am

as what I know, doggie eat their poo coz of their digestion system...the food not digest properly end up when they poo, they still smell the poo wif the kibbles...so they will eat it and digest again...
Dr3aMCuT|3
Dr3aMCuT|3
A Maniac
A Maniac

Female
Number of posts : 1976
Registration date : 2008-02-18

http://picasaweb.google.com/agnesw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicteh Tue 19 Feb 2008, 12:16 pm

I see...will it harm his health?
how to improve his digestion system?
nicteh
nicteh
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by yenlu Tue 19 Feb 2008, 2:39 pm

If you worry if the medium size makes the diferent, try crushing the kibbles into smaller sizes... if it still creates problem, maybe lamb n rice not suitable for Lucas.
yenlu
yenlu
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by aLaN Tue 19 Feb 2008, 9:10 pm

YaYa ... it might be due to digestive problem ...
Maybe wen it tends to become a habit , u might wan to try to pour some black pepper into the shit (try to avoid being found by lucas) They wouldnt like the smell ... So they definaterly not gona eat his poo again ...

I could say that u aren't the 1st one to encounter this problem, so u dun nid to be to worrie bout it ... But maybe u can try uncle google or ask some of them ... Hope this small info might able to give u some idea

Good Luck !!
aLaN
aLaN
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Male
Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by aLaN Tue 19 Feb 2008, 9:22 pm

pinkykee wrote:i am feeding blackwood 2000,at first adore it very much but gradually no more...don't feel like eating it anymore...thats y im thinking of changing the dog food..

blackwood 2000 is a good brand ... maybe u gota check out if its becoz ur pet is still a puppy ?
if in such a case , their teeth might be growing and they lost some of he appetite ... dats y he might feel like not eating the dog food ... there r many possiblities though ...

Avoid keep changing dog food ... Untill u reli find a good one .. Becoz it wont be good for ur dog .. Frequent changes in dog food might coz lotz disease ... I didnt encounter personally , but was advised by my vet ... yenlu is quite rite , different dog got its different sensitivity ... it depends on individual ... some eat this will hav a better coat , some eat it will hav some mites on him ...

It might helps if u giv ur dog some fish oil ... good for their fur ( hope i not out of topic since is discussing bout kibbles )

U wan to noe which taste better ? Royal Canin ... But try to avoid tryin ... it is too nice that if u gona convert to others dog food .. they wun even bother to eat ... Imagine if one day ( touch wood ) ROyal Canin decide to stop sellin its product ... lol ... I can't imagine wat will happens ... HaHa ...
aLaN
aLaN
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Male
Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by nicteh Wed 20 Feb 2008, 8:29 am

THanks for the suggestion, i will try out if lucas still eat his poo. So far i have to watched him out everytime he poo.... Sad
nicteh
nicteh
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by yenlu Wed 20 Feb 2008, 1:38 pm

Regarding Royal Canin, don't know if it is rumour (who started it?) or it is true that it is very nice to eat (for dogs). I know someone feeding her Silky with Royal Canin and her Silky don't like at all!

Was it someone against Royal Canin that come out with the gimmic, saying their kibbles is like drug, once eat no turning back?
yenlu
yenlu
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkykee Wed 20 Feb 2008, 4:36 pm

i never heard the rumor before.....but yesterday i bought back to basics to my furkids...kinda nice...their poo is nice and nicer breathe too
pinkykee
pinkykee
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by nicteh Wed 20 Feb 2008, 9:36 pm

i noticed Poo for Eukanuba small breed formula still acceptable, but Eukanuba lamb and rice kind of smelly....yiek..
nicteh
nicteh
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkykee Wed 20 Feb 2008, 9:53 pm

but eukanuba has been rated as 2 or 3 stars only...tis is the website that rate dog food..eukanuba was one of the brand that has been rated..www.dogfoodanalysis.com
pinkykee
pinkykee
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkykee Wed 20 Feb 2008, 9:56 pm

bobo is allergic to royal canin,it will cause him diarrhoea...so don't worry that i will ever buy that brand again...pinky ate before but her poo not nice at all,she doesnt like royal canin as well...often vomit..so royal canin is not that nice actually
pinkykee
pinkykee
Slowly Addicted
Slowly Addicted

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next